Dec 3, 2009

Speed Rendez Vous

The 1978 Ferarri 275 GTB flying around the streets of Paris with no sound effects and no stuntman. The throaty growl of the high reving engine in the winging streets of early morning Paris is awesome! Below, the original Director, Claude Lelouch explains the making of the film.

Years later the Nissan 350Z tried to recreate Claude Lelouche's masterpiece on the streets of Praugue but in my opionion lacks the raw engergy of the original. Besides, a Ferarri or a Nissan? Not much of a comparison.

So what sparked all of this car frenzied madness? The new 253 Mph top speed, Bugatti Veyron video I just viewed below. With a top speed close to most jets takeoff speed it's enought to make the hair raise on any car junkie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I find this short to be Frankenheimer-esque in terms of shot/use of digetic sound. It's utterly brilliant! You can actually hear each heal-toe downshift, and at one point, I'd swear you can hear the driver left-foot braking! This is the best footage since Ronin, to be sure.

David Maez said...

Yeah man...when I first saw this a few years back I watched it over and over...makes you really want an old Ferrari...