Dec 22, 2009

Charlotte Gainsbourg




Charlotte Gainsbourg with French Band, AIR

So, I was searching for YouTube clips of Radiohead performing the song, Creep for another project I'm working on when I stumbled on a clip of a French movie called, Happily Ever After that came out in 2005 that stars Charlotte Gainsbourg. Charlotte Gainsbourg is the daughter of French Composer, Serge Gainsbourg and British Actress, Jane Berkin. As I dug a bit further Charlotte Gainsbourg has done acting and music and has even worked with musicians like Beck and the French Band, AIR.


Charlotte Gainsbourg and Beck


Jane Berkin, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Serge Gainsbourg

The clip from the movie also features none other then French import, Johnny Depp. The movie looks great and grabbed my attention when I heard the background soundtrack go from Radiohead to The Velvet Underground to Henry Mancini. Watch how both actors use their body language and movements to express their emotion without much dialogue at all. I also, can't help but envy Depp's specs. Those classic specs are awesome and I need a new pair. Any suggestions?

No comments: