Apr 6, 2010

Surfs Up




Pacifico, essential beach beer


Girls on the beach circa 1970


Tony Alva, Skateboarder



Surfer footwear of choice. Don't ask. They rock. Enough said.


The Ramones performing, California Sun, a cover by The Rivieras


I can't help but be influenced by California surf style in the 70's and 80's. I think everyone has a little California dreaming from time to time but the laid back rebellious surf look is one of my favs. Even New York punk rockers, The Ramones caught California fever when they covered the song, California Sun by The Rivieras.

"Well, I'm going out west out on the coast
Where the California girls are really the most.

And I walk and They walk i twist and They twist
I shimmy and they shimmy I fly and They fly
We're out there having fun in the warm California sun"


This summer I'm taking a trip to San Francisco and hopefully stopping in San Diego to drive instead of fly to San Francisco so I can stop off at a few of the beaches along the way. I may attempt to surf but if not I will be taking in the sun, sand, cold beer and...ahem...beautiful beach scenery.


Shipley & Halmos, formerly of Trovata rocking a modern surf look

No comments: