Feb 12, 2010

Love Sick


Chet Baker in Tokyo, 1987 - My Funny Valentine

It's that time of year again...for some, the most romantic, sensual, sexual, Marvin Gaye good lovin' time of the year. For others, the most depressing holiday of the year. For me, it's a tradition...Casablanca and a bottle of Jack. A bit cynical I know, but hey, that's the way it goes sometimes. Either way I hope you enjoy or despise this cold and winter Valentine's Day! Here are a few of my favorite things to love or hate...


Casablanca, (1942)

Allegrini Amorone, Italian Red Wine


Classic Fender Jaguar, Candy Apple Red


A Dozen Black


Brigitte Bardot



The world was on fire
No one could save me but you.
Strange what desire will make foolish people do
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you
And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you

No, I don't want to fall in love
[This love is only gonna break your heart]
No, I don't want to fall in love
[This love is only gonna break your heart]
With you
With you

Chris Isaak - Wicked Games


9 1/2 Weeks, (1986)


Ellen von Unwerth Fraulein



"Je t'aime... moi non plus" (French for "I love you... me neither) is the title of a French song written by Serge Gainsbourg and sung by Gainsbourg and his lover at the time, Jane Birkin. The song was originally written for and recorded in 1968 with Gainsbourg's then girlfriend, Brigitte Bardot. However, Bardot pleaded with Gainsbourg not to release their recording of the song: she was married at the time, to German businessman Gunter Sachs. Gainsbourg complied.

Later that year, Gainsbourg met, and fell in love with, English actress Jane Birkin, on the set of their film Slogan. "Je t'aime... moi non plus" was re-recorded with Birkin replacing Bardot, and was released early in 1969.

The explicit eroticism of the song was declared offensive at the time of its release. The lyrics are commonly thought to refer to the taboo theme of engaging in sex without love, and were delivered in a breathy, suggestive style.

(Editorial via Wikipedia)


Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin


The Night Of The Hunter, (1955) starring Robert Mitchum, Love/Hate tattooed on the knuckles.


My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything, (1988)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it!

HOT + COOL said...

Hey Renelle, thanks!