Mar 2, 2010

New Music: Washed Out



So I'm currently visiting my sister in Raleigh, North Carolina and I wake up to snow again in early March...will it ever end? I also get a call from a friend back home in Atlanta, Georgia telling me it's snowing there too...I don't know about you but I'm ready for spring and summer! I've really been diggin' this jam called, "Feel it all Around" by Washed Out. This song and video exudes that spring/summer vibe of beaches, water and leisure...



Washed Out, is a one-man project by Artist, Ernest Greene, who is from Perry, Georgia. Greene's sound is a mix of dreamy, melodic synthesizers and guitars with dance beats making the music more about atmosphere and vibe. Greene, a graduate from the University of Georgia, honed his songwriting with friends in a rock and hip-hop band but soon broke out on his own. Greene says, “When I play with friends, it’s always about compromise, I don’t really write all that well with others.” This guy is really on the rise so check him out. Greene is also an amateur photographer which can be seen on his art blog here.

No comments: